cyber~Wednesday Day 0
by serejandmyself on 2020-01-22
cyber~Wednesday Day 0
Welcome to the new bi-weekly report format from cyber!
As most of you know, previously we used to report weekly in our TG channel in an open format. But nothing lasts forever and its time to move to a new format. An asynchronous format that will:
- Eliminate the need for a monolithic team leader
- Make the report more interactive to the public
- Include more information from each full-time member of the team
- Be more efficient and creative than before
Last week, we outlined a new set of guidelines for the reports. Each report will be a combined work from the team. It will be pushed to our GitHub and thereafter published for AMA (ask me anything) on the #fuckgoogle TG channel. For now, questions from the community will be answered openly in the channel.
Cyber bi-weekly report 2020.01.22
- Published several articles in crypto-related media (hackernoon, publish0x, bitcoinews and others)
- Created a topic for mentions on the forum. Filled it with content
- Given several interviews (seen in the list)
- Had several mentions (IPFS and others)
- Taken part in 36c3
- Given a speech there
- Recorded an interview for Monero talk
- Re-organised one of the ecosystem main tasks
- Started several new topics on different crypto-related forums. A full list can be seen here
- We also hit the trending spot with some of our article on the privacytools subreddit, which was cool!
- The ELI-5 FAQ has been updated
- A few more new documents have been created, for example, the gift FAQ
- Tested spreading out the news about the gift, but as that’s not the main task right now, we stopped with that for the time being
- Contacted validators across the Cosmos ecosystem
- Converting miners from other ecosystems: Grin and the Cortex mining
- Gained frequent mentions in TodayInCosomos
- Submitted several PR’s to list cyber on different GitHub awesome lists
- Submitted forms to websites like cryptomiso
- Talked with several players in the Cosmos ecosystem to gain awareness for cyber
- Carry on work on forums, chats, SM, validators, partnerships
- Submit to forklog hub, work with other media
- Carry on work on tasks according to the main ecosystem development paper
- Developed backend for cyber.page euler-5 gift checker as IPLD structure
- Provided concept for gift conversion on mongodb and flaks stack
- Provided concept for the Game of Links personal and overall monitors with currently won balances
- Continued to research backend stack for game monitors
- Backend for the game monitors with WebSockets.
- Some advancement on gift checker feature. While everybody can now check their balance, expect better agent experience in the release. Cool thing is that balances loads from ipfs hash using IPLD selectors
- Catching errors in https://cyber.page based in the feedback
- A lot of minor improvements on faucets
- One more repetition of test~Foundation ceremony with @litvintech
- Improvement of workflow development. Now we work with pull request only
- Research of Metamask and in3 codebase for better Cyb architecture
- Some collaboration with @savethealse on the Game of Links monitor
- Next week Ceremony and next dot-cyber release are in focus
- Test of Thrones #107(16⁄20)
- Takeoff funding #70(7⁄11)
- Auction page #117(1⁄3)
- Transaction page #108
- Account page #109
- No search path if search from main page #130
- Fix intro #129
- Bandwidth do not decrease #128
- In collaboration with @xhipster and some other team members created a roadmap for deploying safe and redundant infrastructure for serving all cyber-related services.
- Deployed and configured monitoring/alerting system for cybercongress backend based on Grafana and Prometheus.
- Created and tested docker setup of Brain
- Upgraded contracts and enhanced frontend of cyber~Vesting Aragon application
- Enhanced the frontend of cyber~Auction Aragon application
- Implemented the initial version of the vesting companion which will send EUL/CYB (cyber) for vested GOL/THC (Ethereum) tokens with proofs. Will be published in launch-kit this week
- Tweaked Juno to index cyber chain for GOL monitor
- One more repetition of test~Foundation ceremony with @xhipster. New record time!
- Discussed cybergraph project with @belya
- Meeting on GOL monitor with @savetheales
- Collaboration with @dimakorzhovnik on the implementation of Vesting app into cyber application
- Defined the scope of work for infrastructure and formalized the infrastructure improvement road map. Visualized and decomposed projects of Cyber ecosystem by their stack of technology.
- Research of hosting provider services to improve infrastructure resistance and disaster recovery.